ABOUT – THE LAKE
Mansar lake is one of the most adventurous Lake in the city of Jammu . It is about 60 km from Jammu and 20 km from District Samba . It is on the Dhar road which connects distt. samba to Udhampur city.
- Besides being a popular destination in Jammu, it is also a holy site, sharing the legend and sanctity of Lake Manasarovar. its a Wonderful place to spend time with your family and enjoy the pleasant breeze.
- It is a very popular base of tourist and also called as best lake in Jammu .
- Travelling is much more easy on the way to Mansar lake because of metalled roads . one can visit Mansar Lake through samba city and too from Udhampur city.
- Newlyweds consider it auspicious to perform three circum-ambulations (Parikarma) around the lake to seek the blessings of Sheshnag, the lord of serpents, whose shrine is located on its eastern bank.
- It is an ideal destination for boating & feeding the fishes in the lake with Atta.
- Devote also pay a visit for the first hair cut of male babies called as Mundan Ceremony.
This all makes Mansar lake one of the best lake in Jammu .