Paytm is a brand and a Indian payment system cum digital wallet. It is part of one97 communications. Started in 2010 and has recieved the funding of 1511 crores in three rounds. Lets know more about Paytm business model.
It was started by Vijay Shekhar Sharma in 2010with an seeding investment of $2 million. Initially made for prepaid recharges and after 3 years they added postpaid services. One97 communications was started in 2000. One97 communications is the parent company of Paytm. He sold a website at $1 million (indiasite.net) while being in college.
How It Works? – Paytm Business Model
Intially you need to add the money in the wallet and do prepaid recharges and get huge amount of cashbacks. They successfully made their market. Paytm business model is made by collaborating eight business models.
- Market place – Get commissions from sellers.
- Prepaid orders – You initially pay the ammount for the service.
- Paytm Mall – A shopping store
- Paytm payments bank – A digital bank with digital cards for payments.
- Recharge – Prepaid recharges.
- Bill Payments – Postpaid, DTH, Landline, Electricity, Water, Gas etc.
- Payment gateway – A link to pay to any commodity.
- Gold currency – Buy Gold at paytm.
Most importantly we can see that paytm is earning too much in the form of commissions.
Funded by four investors. One97 communications and Vijay Shekhar Sharma are the two main investors in the list of four.
Paytm has acquired 11 companies.
- Balance – Acquired by paytm with the total funding of 15 million.
- Nightstay – Acquired by paytm with the total funding of $500k.
- Cube26 – Acquired by paytm with the total funding of $7.7 million.
- Ticketnew – acquired by paytm with the total funding of 48k.
- Nearbuy – acquired by paytm with the total funding of $37.2M.
- Little – acquired by paytm with the total funding of $50M.
- Insider – acquired by paytm with the total funding of 350M.
- Edukart – acquired by paytm with the total funding of $2M.
- Shifu – acquired by paytm with the total funding of $8M.
- Shopsity – acquired by paytm.
Source – Crunchbase
We can conclude that paytm made a revolution in the digital world. Generally you find everything on paytm and if they follow the current Paytm business model they will succeed in future.
Ola Cab Business Model – https://trendygyan.com/ola-cab-business-model/